This recipe actually is a combination out of two recipies that I did when I didn’t want to spend too much time on cooking dinner. It turned out really well! I cooked the polpo according to this recipe and prepared the tomatoes in a separate pan, adapted from this recipe.
- Olive oil extra vergine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small peperoncino (chili)
- 300 g ripe pomodorini (or cherry tomatoes), peeled (quickly boil them in hot water, then remove them and drain in cold water, peel off the skin)
- 3 tbsp tomato concentrate
- Salt and pepper
- 80 – 90 gr spaghetti per person
- 1 tbsp of chopped flat parsley
Crush the garlic and cut the chili into 4 pieces. Fry the garlic and chili in the oil and add the tomatoes once the garlic starts to be fragrent. In the meantime start cooking the pasta. Cook the tomatoes for approx. 10 minutes on low to medium fire and then add the tomato concentrate. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the cooked polpo and the parsley to the tomato sauce and mix everything with the spaghetti. Enjoy!
Recommended music while cooking this: Santigold – Master of My Make-Believe